Each and every year holds a bevy of beautiful memories here at Lilly and since we just love any excuse to party, we thought we’d pull together a list of some of our fave happenings from 2011 we think are worth celebrating. In no particular order, here goes!
1. 2011′s celebration of Lilly Loves the Arts through the launch of prints like “First Impression,” “It Can Be Arranged,” “Optical Confusion,” “Cherry Begonias” and “Standing Ovation.” Our print designers are artists in the truest form so 2011′s theme was certainly near & dear to their hearts.
2. The opening of the Lilly Pulitzer boutique at The Breakers in Palm Beach and the beautification and re-opening of our retail stores in Ardmore, PA, East Hampton, NY, Legacy Village, OH and Sarasota, FL. And 2012 kicks off with the opening of a new retail store in Charlotte!
3. Welcoming 5 new sororities into our Lilly Sisterhood of Greek prints! (and our Sisterhood is going to get bigger VERY soon!)
4. PARTIES. We have our fair share of parties every year but they’re always worth a backward glance… We had small parties…our Shop & Shares with all of our charitable friends, our trunk shows, book signings, guest hosted events, tented parties (horse race season, baby!) and we had big parties… Oceana’s Fundraising event in the Hamptons, Legacy Village’s grand Re-Opening with members of the Cleveland Orchestra, a celebration luncheon for 200+ at the Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota and TONIGHT – The Red Cross Beach Bash in Palm Beach!
5. The re-design and launch of our site, lillypulitzer.com. Shop by print, wish lists, videos, fit ratings & more – as if there was a way to make shopping for Lilly more fun!
6. Hosting our Lilly (and sale) Lovers at our new Warehouse Sale location after 19 (!) years in our first location — to great success! “We couldn’t have missed it with all the signs!” “We loved all the mirrors in the dressing rooms!” “The check out line ran so smoothly and quick!” – You said it & we were happy to hear it!
7. Celebrating a milestone birthday of the beautiful and young-at-heart, Lilly Pulitzer.
8. The launch of our Lilly Pulitzer catalog iPad app. (the combo of social utility + shopping mobility makes our heart siiiiing!)
9. Introduction of some fave new products like anything in slub cotton jersey, the agenda (large & small!), the Carded ID wristlet, the Reeve, Eryn Dress and Whitaker Dresses, and the McKims now at $88!
10. The creation of exclusive prints for friends and partners like Dark ‘n Stormy, The Junior League, Baltimore’s National Aquarium, Cape & Islands, Amani Foundation for Palm Avenue and MitoAction for In The Pink,
And perhaps there was some design to this list after all, because we’ve bookended our favorite happenings in 2011 with PRINT. We designed a bazillion prints this year, each by our own hand in our in-house print studio, and we look forward to creating new and completely original, HAPPY prints that will surely delight our Lilly Lovers in 2012. We promise, and somehow we think you’ll believe us when we say, 2012 will surely be another colorful year!
Now my ladies (and gents)… surely we left some wonderful happenings in the world of Lilly off this list – tell us, which events would you add to your own Lilly Year In Review??