SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO HERE
Have you ever wondered who those drop-dead gorgeous ladies are in the photos that appear in our Lilly printed picture frames?? Well all those lovely ladies grace the boardrooms of our Pink Palace looking as lovely as they did on the day those pictures were taken. Oh yes, our team meetings are dressy affairs and we all get downright chummy. What? You don’t believe us? OK, well I maaaay be exaggerating a wee bit on how we all look in the office day-to-day, but those Lilly-loving beauties are all employees and now, they’re out of the picture – literally. We’re prepared to say goodbye to those smiling faces and replace them with YOURS!!
We’re excited to announce that today, February 20th, kicks off our “Picture This! Lilly Lovers Photo Contest!” Our Lilly loving friends can upload their photos to our online Photo Gallery and be entered in the chance to have their photo appear in our Lilly printed picture frames coming out in Fall! Be sure to read through all the details so you understand how your smiling face can be seen by thousands of other Lilly Lovers!
- Round 1, the “Entry Period,” runs from Monday, February 20th – Friday, February 24th at 12:00pm ET
- You will have 5 days (until Friday at 12:00pm ET) to upload your photos to the Photo Gallery on lillypulitzer.com (HERE).
- When uploading your photos, please do the following:
- Upload the highest resolution and highest quality photos you have.
- Under “Tell us your Lilly Story” please include “Photo Contest” and how your photo entry best reflects the Lilly Pulitzer spirit of leading a colorful life!
- You may upload as many photos as you like for consideration but do not upload any single photo more than one time as this will not increase your chances of winning.
- At the end of Round 1, Lilly Pulitzer will choose [up to] 20 finalist photos to go into Round 2. Decisions will be based on the following three (3) criteria: quality of the photo (clarity of photo and high enough resolution for printing & placement in packaging), the photo composition (use your creativity, have fun, and show your Lilly Love) and your Lilly story! (describe how your photo best reflects the Lilly spirit of leading a colorful life!)
We are SO SO SO excited (almost as excited as you!) to be opening our Lilly Pulitzer store at the SouthPark Mall in Charlotte this FRIDAY! We wanted to introduce our amazing team, led by Store Manager, Kristen Assell, so you could feel right at home when you come for a visit! Meet Kristen and her team and say hello next time you’re in Charlotte!
1. Tell us a little about yourself: I am a native Charlottean, and have lived here most of my life- I love this city! I went to Appalachian State and graduated with a Management and Marketing degree, and after a short stint in a “serious” job at a bank, I decided I just had to go back to retail- (my first love) I couldn’t sit behind a desk another minute! I have been married 6 years to my wonderful husband Billy, and we live in Weddington with our 2 doggies Roscoe and Ginger. I am just tickled PINK that Lilly is opening in Charlotte!!
2. What’s your Lilly story? I have always known about Lilly and their fun and colorful prints, but I didn’t really understand how amazing and talented they were until I saw the HUGE graphics go up on the wall when they began building the store in Charlotte. After that, I was obsessed! The gorgeous walls of color and prints captivated me and I sought out this opportunity- best decision ever!
3. Introduce us to your team: I am so lucky to have a wonderful and talented management team. My Assistant Manager, Debbie Meyers, who recently moved back to Charlotte from NYC, is a retail pro and an energetic and fun addition to our team! We are also thrilled to have Katie Driscoll as our Associate Manager. She has a long history with Lilly having worked at the Lilly signature store, Miss Priss when they were in Charlotte, and her talented mother Kristin, owns a monogramming company that will be doing our monogram work at Lilly SouthPark. Victoria Cable, also joining us as an Associate Manager, has worked for Lilly for 3 years. She started with Lilly in our Sarasota, FL store part-time while in college, and now that she has graduated, she’s been promoted and moved to Charlotte to join our team here and open this new store! How lucky are we?!? We have 6 part-timers who LOVE Lilly and can’t wait to meet all our Lilly fans in Charlotte!
Just like Lilly, our Lilly Lovers loooove the details – and not just Lilly details – every detail. Questions like “what shade of lipstick does your model have on in the picture of the Whinnie dress?” or “what color nail polish is the model wearing in this catalog shot?” come up all the time. Questions like this inspired us to partner with our on-shoot stylists from Ford Artists to create a series here on the blog about how you can get the looks we’re featuring.
All of our tips are from Shannon Grey Williams, a Lilly girl herself (she panicked when she realized her headshot featured her in black! *gasp*), who loves working on the Lilly set creating fun, happy and pretty styling for our models. She’ll be providing the step-by-step on how to get these looks yourself all the way down to WHAT products she uses for styling. This week she’s sharing her know-how on creating the fishtail braid- an adorable look she used on Elsa here! We hope you enjoy this new series and stay tuned next month to get our next look!
This Spring, some of our long-adored dresses have bloomed into new silhouettes. All your fave dresses + all our fave trends = everyone’s new must-haves for Spring! The Lottie, Blossom’s little sister, has the same structure with a bit more simplicity- it’s the perfect body style to let the print do the talking! Our darling Clare has transformed into Cherrie with some added shirring detail at the empire waist for shaping but minus the ruffles at the neckline.
And the HOT, HOT, HOT love affair with our cool, cotton slub jersey just got hotter with the introduction of the Somerset in Spring! Same body style with an added ruffle for femininity & whimsy! And Whinnie is the love child of the sassy, one-shouldered Whitaker and the ruffled, flirty Wynn top – win-win-whinnie!
Don’t worry, your fab-fun-favorites will still be around to help you come alive with color in the coming months!
Woo hoo- we made it!!! It is Spring and we are in FULL BLOOM here at Lilly Pulitzer! Spring’s arrival brings fresh prints, new styles, bright colors and best of all – SMILES – all in the anticipation of warmer weather so we can wear our new Lilly!
Without further ado… we bring you SPRING!!!!!
So the most exciting part of our sorority print contest is over but the best is yet to come! We know, as you come down off yesterday’s high, you’re all landing in the same place – what’s next?!? So here’s a quick rundown of what’s in store for our print class of 2012.
We are very excited to introduce you all to Jessica Lane, our newest Marketing Intern here at the Pink Palace. For the most part, Jessica’s going to be behind-the-scenes, but from time to time we’ll
make ask her to share her perspective as the newest member of our Lilly family! And here she is!…
Hi Lilly Lovers! I’m working as an intern right now in the Marketing Department at Lilly Pulitzer and I wanted to share a little bit about myself! I’m from a small town in CT called Simsbury and have lived there for most of my life. Growing up in New England, Lilly Pulitzer has been in my closet forever, but I have to say- I never imagined I would be able to be a part of such a wonderful company!