We are very excited for the start of tomorrow’s New Year Cheer Sale! The two-day sale will run from Thursday, January 3rd at 8am[ish]ET through Friday, January 4th at midnight ET. The New Year Cheer Sale is online ONLY and our family of Signatures stores will also be participating (their sales will run in-store & online) with their own sales. Be sure to reach out to your local/favorite Signature Store to see what they have planned as well (see complete list of participating stores below).
Before our last online sale we provided shopping tips in hopes of helping everyone have a successful sale experience. Though the sale certainly didn’t go as planned, many people still told us that the tips were helpful so here they are in hopes that our New Year Cheer sale is the best one yet! Be sure to read through them so you truly understand how the sale works & how we guarantee you’ll have a smile on your face when your sale goodies arrive at your doorstep!
1. Expect the Unexpected. You’ll notice this is a new tip. We’ve learned to be prepared for anything these few days a year! We think this might be our most useful tip to date!
2. Know how to get around. Preview the site the night before so you have a pretty good sense of how the site works. (we know some of you could checkout in your sleep!) There will be a designated SALE section during the 2 days. The sale section will have a drop down menu for each category on sale. Here are the sections we will have featured: Dresses, Tops, Bottoms, Accessories, Swim, Men, Girls and Murfees. Knowing this should give you a head start on where to kick off your shopping spree!
3. Start an Account. If you don’t have a lillypulitzer.com account, be sure to get one started before the sale starts tomorrow. Not only is your credit card & shipping information “pre-loaded” (which will save you time at check out), you’ll also be able to log in with this account and check your order status while you eagerly await your goodies! Get your account started here.
4. Quickly narrow your search. Say you’re after some dresses for your wardrobe. The quickest way to narrow the search for all the dresses available in the size you’re looking for is to go to that category page and at the top, right above the product pictures, look for the menu. Click “Narrow by” and choices will be revealed. To the left, you’ll see “Size” – here you can simply choose the size you’re looking for and you’ll see that your choices below will have changed. You can use this method of shopping to narrow the search for any of the categories you’ll be shopping. Also try our “Sort by price” feature. If you’re using the “I’m only buying it if it goes on sale for less than $X” shopping strategy, you’ll want to use the “Sort by Price” feature on the category pages. You can sort by high to low which should help narrow down your selection.
5. Expect your purchase to take longer than usual to arrive. Once again, our prices are so competitive that we expect high traffic (seriously- you are going to die over our pricing!). Our distribution center will likely be a bit backlogged due to the high volume, so expect your package to take up to 3 weeks to deliver. That’s right – 3 weeks, so we don’t recommend making a purchase for a very specific event in the next 2 weeks- we can’t guarantee you will receive it in time and breaking hearts is not something we enjoy doing.
6. Understand the payment process. When an order is placed, a “pending pre-authorization” charge may come through on your credit card statement. This is NOT a charge- it’s a standard procedure to ensure there are adequate funds to cover the order total. Once your order ships, you will THEN see the actual charge come through. Because of our anticipated delayed shipping times, you may not see a charge on your credit card for up to three weeks. Depending on when your statement is viewed, you may see both the pre-authorization charge AND the actual charge – never fear, you will NOT be charged twice!
7. Be smart about checking out. Once you’ve found that coveted item you’ve been lusting after, waste no time rejoicing- check out as soon as possible! Just because items are placed in your cart does NOT mean they are “reserved” for you. Unfortunately this is simply how real-time inventory updates work during extremely high traffic times. And BEFORE you check out, review your order carefully. Changes can NOT be made once an order has been placed- even if you’re simply looking to change color or size and you won’t be able to exchange them later.
8. Be familiar with the order process. Your order will go through 3 stages during the transaction process. First, after you order, you’ll receive an order “confirmation” e-mail. This e-mail will simply confirm that your transaction was received. After this, your order will appear as “processing.” Processing is the stage where your order is picked and packed and can take as long as 3 weeks. (gulp). The last stage of the order process is “shipped.” This quite simply means that your order has left the warehouse and is on its way to you! Keep in mind that once it is shipped, your location will impact delivery. East Coast deliveries are usually received within 2-3 days where a WEST Coast order could take up to a week to arrive.
9. Tracking your order. If you’re anything like us, you’ll obsessively want to know WHEN everything is scheduled to grace your doorstep. You can use the “Order Status” feature on the website to track your shipment. To check your order status online, you’ll need your order # (a 6 digit number) and billing zip code. You can use this feature once your order enters the processing stage, but be aware- your order may not appear as valid if you try and track it too soon after transaction completion.
10. Understanding the return policy. All items from this sale are FINAL SALE. This means that items purchased during the sale will NOT be eligible for returns or exchanges. We’re sorry but Lilly Pulitzer retail stores are unable to accept returns on items bought on lillypulitzer.com as well.
We’re obviously aiming to bring you an amazing sale & while we can’t ensure everything will go off without a hitch, we can ensure that we have some great deals you will be thrilled to get. We promise we’ve worked really hard to make changes and put plans in place so you are happy & have a wonderful experience but if we break the internet again, we promise we’ll keep you informed so you know what to expect! (besides the UNexpected!)
Thank you for shopping with us, Lilly Lovers!
Participating Signature Stores:
Life’s a Beach – Duck, NC
Ocean Palm – Virginia Beach & Williamsburg, VA
Palm Garden – Wilmington, NC
Pink – Greenville, NC
The Pink Crab – Annapolis, MD
Pink Palm – Richmond, McLean, Charlottesville, & Alexandria, VA and Bethesda, MD
Splash of Pink – Westport, CT
The Pink Door – Memphis, TN
Pink and Proper – Oxford, MS
Pink Pelican – Huntsville, AL
E.A.Davis and Company – Wellesley, MA
Pink Tangerine – Kennenbunkport, ME
The Island – Garden City, NY
Pink Paddock – Saratoga Springs, NY
The Pink Link – Huntington, NY
Melly – Edina, MN
Palm Place – Manasquan, Princeton, Bay Head, and Morristown, NJ
Pink Magnolia – Ladue, MO
The Peppermint Palm – Lexington and Louisville, KY
Under the Palm Tree – Overland Park, KS
Village Palm – Grosse Pointe, MI
Palm Avenue – Charleston, SC, Savannah, GA and Greensboro & Raleigh, NC
Pink Bee – Greenville, SC
Pink On Main – Spartanburg, SC
Pink Boulevard – John’s Island, SC
Pink Sorbet – Columbia, SC
SM Bradford – Hilton Head Island, SC
The Joggling Board – Pawleys Island, SC
Palm Village – Asheville, NC
Mint Julep – Atlanta, GA
In the Pink – Boston, Mashpee, Chatham and Falmouth locations
Pink Saguaro – Phoenix, AZ
Pinkalicious – Carlsbad, CA
Barefoot Princess – Sandestin, FL
C.Orrico – Palm Beach, Naples & Delray, FL
Cloister Collection – St. Simons Island, GA
Pink Narcissus – Tallahassee, FL
The Cabana – Grand Cayman, Cayman Island
The Lazy Daisy – Vero Beach, FL
The Palm on Park – Boca Grande, FL
The Pink Palm – Tampa, FL
The Pink Pineapple – Ft. Myers, FL