Tysons Galleria is our fourth NEW retail store to open this year and Lilly Pulitzer’s first retail store to open in the state of Virginia. Each time we open a new store, we love to introduce the new management team. Our in-store staff works very hard at building relationships with local Lilly Lovers & providing great customer service and we find the best place to start that is right here. We asked the team to tell you a little bit about themselves (for instance- when Jan says she’s an army brat- she said that, not us) so here are some quick, fun facts about our fabulous Tysons team: (here’s the team in the beautiful, Virginia Murfee scarf!)
1. Jan Scalia – Store Manager: I am a military brat, graduated from East Carolina University Design School in 1983 and moved to DC in 1987. My husband & I got married at a beautiful vineyard in Sonoma and we have a daughter who is 12. I love to travel and I’ve been all around the world. My favorite thing to do is to visit wineries (for obvious reasons) and I love entertaining friends & family whenever I get the chance! I can thank my (favorite, of course!) Aunt Cassie, who lives in Southern Florida, for giving me my first Lilly when I was 15 – I’ve been wearing Lilly now for over 35 years!
2. Caitlin Falls – Assistant Store Manager: Originally from upstate NY, I met my husband at St. Bonaventure University. We now live in his hometown of McLean, Virginia. I am vegan and I love to cook and exercise. (which works out nicely) I bought my first Lilly in 1997 (yes, I remember!) and have a collection of several hundred pieces. I have met most of my BFFs through our love of Lilly and count Lilly Warehouse Sales and Lunch at Lilly among my happiest memories!
3. Kendall Couch- Assistant Store Manager: I was born and raised in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I graduated from Randolph Macon College and continued my education at Parsons School of Design in NYC. I recently moved back to good ol’ Virginia to work for the most amazing brand, LILLY PULITZER! I love traveling, having a good time and spending as much time as possible with my family. I have been a Lilly Lover for the majority of my life and I couldn’t be more excited to now be working for Lilly. I love the atmosphere, the Lilly gals, and all things Lilly, of course!
4. Katie Stamm – Associate Manager: Cleveland Rocks! I was born and raised in Shaker Heights, OHIO!! I love a good tailgate & couldn’t be happier that it’s the “Year of the Party!” I have been a Lilly Lover as long as I can remember – it runs in my family- like mother like daughter… like grandmother, etc. I’ve worked at several Lilly retail locations (Madison Avenue, East Hampton, King of Prussia, Legacy Village) and I’m excited to be working at Lilly’s first Virginia store!
5. Laura Padian – Associate Manager: I’m a Marylander- born & raised. I attended Savannah College of Art and Design and have a sister and brother and a dog named Peaches. I love painting and crafting, and enjoy doing yoga, spending time with family and travelling. I’ve been a Lilly Lover since high school and love the Happy vibe of the brand which is fitting because it’s a happy place to work!
6. Every Lilly store is unique- what do you think is going to make the Tysons Galleria store so special? Our staff is fun and engaging and it will definitely be a “Lilly” party for every customer who shops with us. They will flip when they see the spectacular design of our store. It truly is the most festive space in the mall!
7. Tell us about all the goings-on in the local area that will require Lilly dressing. It’s that time of year for the Georgetown Jingle which Lilly will be attending! There are tons of colleges around and Lilly is perfect for sorority events. Lilly’s great for school dances and of course, parties in general! January is always a big time of the year when the Presidential inauguration rolls around and there will be plenty of gals shopping for parties! Then Spring brings the Cherry Blossom Festival to DC and just down the road there are 2 big horse races to “dress” for.
5. What part of the build out this week was the most exciting to watch “come to life?” Definitely the dressing rooms! They are truly amazing & each one has the coolest details you just have to see for yourself.
6. When our doors open, we guarantee the Virginia Murfee (of course), cashmere sweaters and anything in Crown Jewels will fly off the shelves!
7. Party people are going to love Tysons Galleria. If people want to host an event at your store, what do they need to know? Just our phone number! 703-564-4301 Give us a call (or e-mail us at email@example.com) and we can work out all the details for any type of event you want to throw. We do birthday parties (young & old), philanthropic events which are big here in DC and girls night out- really any excuse to have a party, we’re the girls you want to call!
8. Tell us how you’re celebrating your opening over the next few weeks. We have “Lilly” pink cupcakes, lemonade and champagne…we are inviting all of DC to come experience Lilly and get to know us!