A Print Worth Celebrating – In the Beginning

Posted on November 5, 2012 in Inspiration by | 19 comments

Tags:

SHOP this print

1. What inspired this print?
This print was inspired by our heritage. Lilly Pulitzer has a very unique history and this print was made to celebrate it! I am the biggest fan of conversational prints and what is more of an ice breaker than wearing a timeline?!

2. How did you come up with its name?
The name is quite literal- it points to the start of the Lilly Pulitzer brand back in 1959ish. As you know, it all started with a juice stand…

3. What secrets are hidden?
The images you see in the print are actually iconic photographs of Lilly Pulitzer. The airplane illustration comes from one of our favorite vintage pictures of Lilly hopping out of Peter’s plane in Key West with her arms filled with sample fabrics. My favorite vignette in this print is the one of Lilly lounging on her couch surrounded by printed pillows!

4. What materials did you use or combine to create the artwork?
This print started as a quick line drawing in my sketchbook. I added in the script after painting the vignettes in watercolor.

5. What kind of party would a Lilly girl wear this print to?
The Lilly girl that wears this print is definitely ready to mingle. She’ll literally be the talk of the party in this conversation starting print!

Download In the Beginning as a background for your mobile device, iPad, computer, and Facebook cover photo here!

Mobile:

iPad:

Wallpaper:

Facebook Cover Photo:

Alex Laughlin

Posted on November 7th, 2012 at 7:03pm

How could I go about applying for a summer internship? I’d love some information!

Thanks so much!

Alex

Heather

Posted on November 16th, 2012 at 7:26pm

Love this one and look forward to seeing more of the gorgeous resort prints! :)

Martha S. Hoole

Posted on December 14th, 2012 at 10:14am

Love Lilly prints. I would like to buy some fabric by the yard as I cut and sew letters for sororities’
t-shirts. They all love the Lilly patterns. If you can sell me fabric in 2 to 5 yard pieces, please be in touch with me. I live in Greenwood, SC.

Evie Nyman

Posted on January 25th, 2013 at 1:32am

To buy your Lilly Fabrics would be heavenly. I have a passion for sewing my own summer clothes.
Is it possible to buy your yardage???

Kathleen Hubbard

Posted on January 31st, 2013 at 5:37am

I, too, am interested in purchasing your fabric by the yard. I enjoy sewing household items (think pillows, bed skirts, etc.) for my home and your designs would add unique and fun accents.

liz

Posted on February 15th, 2013 at 2:38pm

do you sell lilly fabric by the yard? cool idea

Paula

Posted on March 16th, 2013 at 4:00pm

Saw this print on an outerwear sleeveless vest on a women in the Tampa airport. Where can I find this vest? i’d love to buy it.

Susan Myers Nagel

Posted on March 23rd, 2013 at 11:00pm

Susan Myers Nagel

Posted on March 23rd, 2013 at 11:02pm

So in love with this lovely print—reminds me of the past and the present. Great years with many ‘Lilly’s’. I can’t wait to look for this.

Heidi

Posted on April 13th, 2013 at 9:51am

Love you Lilly — always!!

C. Marie Cline

Posted on May 24th, 2013 at 12:06pm

Love this print! It shows good times still remain from past to present on into the future!

stacy

Posted on May 27th, 2013 at 12:20pm

I have every color of the beach pants which are only four colors and all solid exept for one lilly pattern. Please make more patterns available in the beach pants.

Judy Andrews

Posted on June 12th, 2013 at 10:37am

I love this print. All of her prints are just lovely for women and children. Are these handbags and scarves available for purchase? Thank you.

Sarah

Posted on June 12th, 2013 at 10:39am

Could you please post the new prints from the summer line? Thanks

Mary Ellen

Posted on June 28th, 2013 at 11:46pm

Could you please make pjs and robes again?! We miss them! Thanks!!

Susan Anglen

Posted on July 12th, 2013 at 12:18am

Hello! I LOVE LOCE LOVE all the Lilly patterns! But in addition to being a fashionista, I’m a “craftanista”! I’m a scrapbookers and card maker, and I think the Lilly patterns and colors would translate perfectly into a complete scrapbooking line of products!!! Many of the patterns would coordinate well together (to mix-’n-match into paper collections) and there are many iconic images from the patterns that could be translated into paper punches, cricut cartridges and cuttlebug embossing folders. In addition to all this, you can produce a line stamps and ink colors in the famous Lilly colors.
But on top of all that, scrapbookers go on overnight and weekend-long “crops”, and we need totes, suitcases and organizers to organize and carry all our supplies to these events… And we like to do it with STYLE! You could produce a line of these products, too! Waddaya think?!?!?!
If you like my idea and “run with it”, I’d love to know! Please email me! You can reward me with my own collection of the products (hahaha)!

Savannah Murphree

Posted on October 25th, 2013 at 8:23pm

This is definitely one of my favorite prints! I love that the images in the print are actually iconic photographs of Lilly Pulitzer! :) I am very very interested in applying to be a Pinktern this summer. I would love to know when applications come out, or just any information regarding the internship!! Thank you in advance!

Connie Wright

Posted on December 2nd, 2013 at 6:15pm

How can I buy Lily fabric by the yard? I would love some of the Spearmint I heard you along with other prints.

Karen

Posted on February 19th, 2014 at 9:54pm

If Lilly made the pants for the USA Olympic curling team I’m sure we could win a medal