We are sad to be bringing our chapter of “Sorority Spotlights” to a close, but we’re excited to have saved the best for last! (well they were voted “Best Sorority on Campus” for the last 2 years! ) Today we’re featuring the Theta girls from SMU, and we’re excited to have one of their members as an intern here at the Pink Palace this summer! We hope you enjoyed the 15 chapters we featured here on the blog- we LOVED shining the spotlight on these fabulous women and their dynamic organizations. We’re always looking for fun ways to showcase our Lilly Lovers, so let us know you if you have idea for us here on the Colorful blog! And now we bring you the lovely ladies of Kappa Alpha Theta!
1. School, Sorority & Chapter Name
Southern Methodist University: Kappa Alpha Theta, Beta Sigma Chapter
2. Size of your Chapter and date/year it was founded
Theta has been on the SMU campus since March 10, 1929 and 175 Thetas currently call SMU home.
4. The 3 Lilly items from the Summer Collection you’ll surely find in our closets are:
1. Clifton Short: SMU Thetas are bold and bright! We love the new neon colors Lilly is offering, and these shorts are a necessity in the Dallas heat.
2. The Kolby Dress: A balance of pretty and sass! It comes in white and navy, which are both perfect to wear on The Boulevard before a football game!
3. Keene Bandeau: We love hanging out at the SMU tanning pool after class or on the weekend! With this swim top, we don’t ever have to worry about getting awful tan lines.
5. The 3 things we want PNMs to know about Kappa Alpha Theta at Southern Methodist University are:
1. Theta has been voted the Best Sorority at SMU for the past two years! Theta Late Night (benefiting CASA) was voted Best Philanthropy Event this year as well.
2. Thetas are involved in everything at SMU. Our members are part of Student Foundation, Senate, Retail Club, The Daily Campus, Yearbook, Relay for Life, Tour Guides, Mock Trial, SMU Cheerleading, Volleyball, Soccer, and more!
3. We are currently second in grades out of all Greek organizations (sororities AND fraternities). We are committed to our academics but definitely make sure to always have fun!
6. We’re proud to say that…
One of our members, Caroline Wright, is interning with Lilly Pulitzer this summer! In addition, member Kamilah Todd currently cheers for the Dallas Cowboys and Kira Plastinina is a successful Russian fashion designer! SMU Thetas are hard working!
7. Did you know…
Kappa Alpha Theta was the first Greek-letter fraternity for women.
8. In one word, SMU Thetas are… SPIRITED!