The Vandy AOII girls impressed us with their 10,000 (10,000!!!!) hours of volunteer service just this year. (we love that at Lilly) Yet… they still managed to maintain a strong GPA and better yet, have a GREAT time doing it! Find out more about some of Nashville’s finest….and our first Alpha Omicron Pi chapter to be featured here on Sisterhood Spotlight!
1. School, Sorority & Chapter Name
Vanderbilt University, Alpha Omicron Pi, Nu Omicron Chapter
2. Size of your Chapter and date/year your Chapter was founded
170 sisters, founded in 1917
3. The 3 Lilly items from the Summer Collection you’ll surely find in our closets are:
a. The Callahan Short in Multi You Gotta Regatta - The Callahan short is a staple in any Vandy AOII’s wardrobe. Simple and fun, this short is so cute and this great nautical print brightens up any summer outfit!
b. The Lynnie Skirt in Resort White Mariposa – what better to brighten a summer day than an adorable, scalloped skirt? We can’t get enough of scalloping this summer, and this skirt is perfect for a weekend brunch or lunch date. You’ll see our sisters sporting these all over our gorgeous campus.
c. Shauna Tunic Dress Crochet in True Navy Starboard Crochet - Our sisters love to wear the color navy- it’s a classic twist on the traditional black. Combined with an adorable crochet knit, what’s not to love? We love to pair this dress with a great pair of Lilly wedges, making it perfect for a nice dinner with friends or a graduation ceremony.
d. We are also SO excited for our Lilly print to be available to pre-order this summer. It will surely become a staple on our campus! I think every AOII’s iPhone case will soon be covered in Lilly’s AOII print!
4. The Lillyest day of the year on our campus is definitely… the Homecoming football game in October. All of our alumnae come back in town, and everyone breaks out their best Lilly dress to tailgate and celebrate our football team. We love going to school in the south and wearing our Lilly and pearls to football games! It makes games even more fun when you can dress up in Lilly.
5. The 3 things we want PNMs to know about AOII at Vanderbilt are:
a. We pride ourselves on being genuine and real women. Our sisters have lasting bonds and are honest with each other. We think we have the best relationships with each other because we value each sister’s individual differences and strengths.
b. We’re accomplished- we always strive to improve ourselves, through philanthropy, academics, sisterhood, and any other facet. We have consistently posted a GPA over a 3.5, raised over $10,000 for our philanthropy, The Arthritis Foundation, this year, and went on a thrilling white water rafting sisterhood retreat.
c. We have tons of fun! We’ve had parties and formals at the Country Music Hall of Fame, Riverwood Mansion and Plantation, among many other great Nashville spots. We also love to compete in (and win!) fraternity philanthropy events and host swaps and parties to make sure our sisters are always having a great time. You’ll find our “Party With Pandas” tanks all over campus.
6. Lilly Lovers would fit right in here because… our sisters are fun and full of life, and we love to celebrate whenever we can. Lilly personifies our sisters’ spirit and love for life and each other. You’ll always find our sisters together on campus sporting their bright and colorful clothing!
7. We’re proud to say that… our sisters gave over 10,000 hours of community service to the Vanderbilt and Nashville community over the past year. From volunteering as mentors to starting their own volunteer organizations, you’ll always find Vandy AOIIs dedicating their time to helping others.
8. Did you know… our sister, Dallas Jessup, is the founder of her own non-profit, Just Yell Fire, an organization that empowers young women to stand up for their rights and escape violence when trouble finds them. Dallas has produced and starred in multiple films, traveled the country as a motivational speaker, and written multiple books. She was named a CNN Hero, has testified in the U.S. Congress, and received the President’s Volunteer Service Award. We are so proud to call her our sister and support her valiant efforts.
9. Our favorite chapter tradition is… our Senior Wills and Prophecies Chapter. Before graduation, each senior is given time to pass down her AOII heirlooms and memorabilia to younger chapter members, and each sister’s ‘family’ shares their prophecy for that sister’s future after graduation. It’s a cherished time for our chapter to celebrate our graduates and wish them good luck in their future endeavors.
10. In one word, AOII is… home. Our sisters truly love each other and we all find our home away from home in our sisterhood at Vanderbilt. Over our 95 years at Vanderbilt, our sisters have established a network of love and support to help each other have the best Vanderbilt and AOII experience possible!