The Tri-Delts from SMU have QUITE the Sisterhood Spotlight Pinterest board – they say they’re involved in everything, we think this proves it! These “southernistas” (love that!) are getting to redo their sorority house – dontcha think they need a Lilly-inspired room?? Find out more about these
hell fundraisers from the lone star state!
1. School, Sorority & Chapter Name
Southern Methodist University: Delta Delta Delta, Theta Kappa Chapter
2. Size of your Chapter and date/year your Chapter was founded
SMU is home to 174 fabulous Tri-Deltas! We have been on campus since 1919!
“From the outside looking in, you can’t understand it; From the inside looking out, you can’t explain it.”
4. The 3 Lilly items from the Summer Collection you’ll surely find in our closets are:
1. Worth Straight Crop Jeans: Love these white pants!! Dress them up with Resort Chic Wedges, or dress them down with McKim sandals! Perfect for class, errands, or even a night out in Dallas!
2. Shauna Tunic Dress Crochet: Look at this chic crochet number! This is great for the boulevard tailgate, and it’s blue! (tri delta colors!…need we say more?!)
3. The Kolby Dress: Cannot get enough of this sassy white dress! Wear it to initiation, to the first “White-Out” football game of the season, or jazz it up with a clutch for formal. This is a DDD Must HAVE!
5. The Lillyest day of the year on our campus is definitely… any football game-day! (Especially beforehand on the Boulevard)
6. The 3 things we want PNMs to know about Delta Delta Delta at Southern Methodist University are:
a) Everywhere you look on campus you see Tri Deltas! We are involved in everything: SMU Cheerleading, Retail Club, Mock Trial, Student Foundation, Tennis Club, SMU Volleyball, and so much more!
b) Delta Delta Delta Nationally reached its goal of raising 10 million dollars in 10 years for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in just 4 short years! The next fundraising goal is to raise 15 million dollars in 5 years. Our Theta Kappa chapter of DDD at SMU raises money for St. Jude through Delta Diner, Tri Delta Triple Play, and Sincerely Yours!!
c) We always spend time together! Whether we are getting dolled up to go out on the town as sisters, piling into the TV Room on Monday nights to watch the latest episode of Gossip Girl, or even pulling all-nighters at the Library, you will always see Tri-Deltas together, and always see them having fun!
7. Lilly Lovers would fit right in here because…
Located in Dallas, Texas, SMU is known for its beautiful weather, gorgeous campus, and its trend-setting southernistas! Whether shopping in Highland Park Village, grabbing dinner with the sisters in Uptown, or tailgating on the Boulevard for a big game, a Lilly is always a perfect go-to…and not to brag, but the Delta Delta Delta Lilly print is to die for!!!
8. We’re proud to say that… one of our members, Megan Welch, was named most outstanding woman for the entire SMU class of 2012- we’re so proud of her, and she definitely deserves it! SMU Tri-Delta is a Tri-fecta of fabulousness! We’re classy, smart, and true sisters!
9. Did you know… that starting this summer, our sorority house is being completely rebuilt! Can’t wait to live there…The Delta Shelta is turning into a Castle with the perfect closet space for all of our Lilly dresses!!
10. Our favorite chapter tradition is… “Fireside” which is the night before Bid Day! The entire chapter gets together all night while the Seniors tell us stories and memories (shenanigans included!) This is just one of the ways that brings our sisterhood together and makes us appreciate being part of such a fabulous organization.
11. Some of our famous Alumni are… Sarah Blakely, the founder of Spanx (what would we do without her?!), Katie Couric, and Molly Sims!
12. In one word, Tri-Deltas are… SPONTANEOUS!