We are SO SO SO excited (almost as excited as you!) to be opening our Lilly Pulitzer store at the SouthPark Mall in Charlotte this FRIDAY! We wanted to introduce our amazing team, led by Store Manager, Kristen Assell, so you could feel right at home when you come for a visit! Meet Kristen and her team and say hello next time you’re in Charlotte!
1. Tell us a little about yourself: I am a native Charlottean, and have lived here most of my life- I love this city! I went to Appalachian State and graduated with a Management and Marketing degree, and after a short stint in a “serious” job at a bank, I decided I just had to go back to retail- (my first love) I couldn’t sit behind a desk another minute! I have been married 6 years to my wonderful husband Billy, and we live in Weddington with our 2 doggies Roscoe and Ginger. I am just tickled PINK that Lilly is opening in Charlotte!!
2. What’s your Lilly story? I have always known about Lilly and their fun and colorful prints, but I didn’t really understand how amazing and talented they were until I saw the HUGE graphics go up on the wall when they began building the store in Charlotte. After that, I was obsessed! The gorgeous walls of color and prints captivated me and I sought out this opportunity- best decision ever!
3. Introduce us to your team: I am so lucky to have a wonderful and talented management team. My Assistant Manager, Debbie Meyers, who recently moved back to Charlotte from NYC, is a retail pro and an energetic and fun addition to our team! We are also thrilled to have Katie Driscoll as our Associate Manager. She has a long history with Lilly having worked at the Lilly signature store, Miss Priss when they were in Charlotte, and her talented mother Kristin, owns a monogramming company that will be doing our monogram work at Lilly SouthPark. Victoria Cable, also joining us as an Associate Manager, has worked for Lilly for 3 years. She started with Lilly in our Sarasota, FL store part-time while in college, and now that she has graduated, she’s been promoted and moved to Charlotte to join our team here and open this new store! How lucky are we?!? We have 6 part-timers who LOVE Lilly and can’t wait to meet all our Lilly fans in Charlotte!
4. Every Lilly store is unique- what’s so special about the Charlotte store? Lots of things! It is in the SouthPark Mall, the best shopping destination around, and it’s loaded it with chic and beautiful features from iPads mounted on the walls, to the modern sculptural “coral” chandeliers, to our glam custom painted fitting rooms. Dogwood accents, North Carolina’s state flower, cover and envelope the store giving it local flair and a sweet and feminine appeal. When Charlotte was established, it was named after Queen Charlotte so to those that live here, it is known as the “Queen City.” The talented print designers incorporated that into the beautiful hand-painted details by featuring crowns throughout the store- some are hidden creating a game of “how many can you find?” One of the fitting rooms is absolutely covered with painted crowns, in perfect pink Lilly style, and reminds us to “always wear your imaginary crown.” And we can’t wait to give our little visiting princesses glittered crowns with they come to visit us in the store- we just couldn’t resist the cuteness!! (you maaay just catch us wearing them too!)
5. Tell us about all the goings-on in Charlotte that will require Lilly dressing. Oh where to begin! We think every day should be a Lilly day, but some of the best Lilly wearing opportunities include the upcoming Queen’s Cup, Carolina Cup, the Bosom Buddies Gala in Davidson, the Mint Museum’s Derby Days event, the Wells Fargo Championship,and all things sorority at our local universities & colleges. Of course we also love to look our best at Spring weddings, at church (especially on Easter!) and poolside at any of our fabulous Charlotte country clubs!
6. If we should stop by your store, what do we HAVE to see? Oh everything! There’s fun details in absolutely every nook and cranny! You definitely don’t want to miss out on seeing the “Lilly Law” hand painted down the back hallway!
7. When our doors open, we guarantee Murfee scarves, dresses and iPhone covers will fly off the shelves!
8. Party people are going to love SouthPark. If people want to host an event at your store, what do they need to know? We are so excited to get involved with our community and customers! We’ve already met some of the most wonderful local organizations and excited SouthPark customers-to-be that we can’t wait to get started hosting events alongside them! Contact me if your organization is interested in working with us. Lilly hosts wonderful events called “Shop and Shares” where 10% of event proceeds go back to your group. What a fun way to raise money!
9. Tell us how you’re celebrating your opening over the next few months- To start, we have a HUGE grand opening bash the weekend after we open- February 25th and 26th. So many exciting promotions and details- during our Grand Opening, we will have great gifts with purchases, special gifts for our first 50 shoppers and one of Lilly’s talented print designers, Holly Guertin, will be completing a live painting in the window for one lucky winner to take home! In March and April we will be hosting lots of fun events. Just to name a FEW, we are doing Free Monogramming Mondays in March, Lunch at Lilly is March 10th (you do NOT want to miss this!), we have a Sorority Open House scheduled, and we also have a Brunch with Bunny on the calendar which is an EGG-stravaganza where you can get a photo with the bunny, and join the kids on an egg hunt! We also have our second Lilly Jeep tour happening on Queens campus in March and don’t forget to stop by for Ladies Night in April- makeovers and cocktails- a great girl’s night out! Also watch out for news on our upcoming Shop and Share events that will benefit some great causes. (Junior League of Charlotte and Bosom Buddies are already on the calendar!) To get more details and dates for all these fun events, drop by the store or become a fan of us on Facebook! (Lilly Pulitzer SouthPark).
10. In 3 words or less, describe Lilly Pulitzer SouthPark: Feminine, Flirty and Fun!