This week’s Sisterhood Spotlight comes straight from the Pink Palace! Sally Tabler, on our Wholesale Account Team, is a recent graduate of DePauw University and a proud Pi Beta Phi, so when we asked if we could feature her chapter, she jumped at the chance! (seriously- she’s reeallly perky & fun) So here’s a little more about the girls from Indiana! (be sure to check out their tab on Facebook too!)
1. School Name and Location
DePauw University, Greencastle Indiana
2. Sorority & Chapter Name
Pi Beta Phi , Indiana Epsilon Chapter
3. Size of your Chapter and date/year your Chapter was founded
96 women and it was founded in 1942
4. The 3 Lilly items from the Spring Collection you’ll surely find in our closets are:
a. The Bree Dress—the perfect white dress for a house full of angels!
b. The Marlisa Dress—great for class and adorable too!
c. The Callahan Shorts—we love bright and bold shorts
5. The Lillyest day of the year on our campus is definitely…..Sigma Chi’s Country Club Informal!
6. The 3 things we want PNMs to know about the Indiana Epsilon Chapter of Pi Beta Phi at DePauw are:
a. We are accepting and have a lot of respect for each other. Every weekend is different in Pi Phi. Some nights we get dressed up and go out with our sisters, sometimes a group of us order-in take out and watch movies, and some nights we spend hours together in the library working on schoolwork.
b. We are very involved on campus. Pi Phis have a variety of interests—girls in our house study abroad, complete internships and do service all over the world and are involved in extracurricular activities such as Panhellenic council, student government, the campus newspaper, television and radio stations and academic honors societies.
c. We like to have fun and spend time with our sisters. Pi Phi is home. We have conversations on the front-porch swings, bask in the sun on our balcony on nice days and eat Ann’s delicious home-cooked food every day.
7. Lilly Lovers would fit right in here because… we are classy & sassy women who love to have a cocktail in hand!
8. Did you know… we currently have two women in our chapter who were nominated Miss Indiana USA and Miss Central Indiana?!?
9. Our favorite chapter tradition is… every year, during initiation week, the girls have a special tradition that is unique to our chapter- we decorate adorable step ladders for our new members. Over the years, different quotes, patterns and colors have been passed down by big sisters. We call them the stairway to heaven because we are all fabulous angels!!
10. In one word, our sorority is…. welcoming!