Let them Eat Cake! [print]

Posted on April 5, 2011 in Inspiration by | 7 comments

This week’s spotlight Spring print is absolutely delicious! We asked Paige, who designed the print, exactly what (besides the obvious!) inspired her.  She had a great story to tell so we thought we’d let her tell you herself!…

“Doing all of the impressionist inspired prints for Spring 11 took me back to my time spent studying abroad in France. One of the most memorable experiences there was having lunch at Laduree in Paris on the Champs Elysees. I remember looking at the rows and rows of confections, each treat a work of art. The pistachio and strawberry macaroons were my favorite! Drawing the cakes took me right back to that day, I had cravings for sweets the entire time I was working on it! I also got to visit the Prelle Showroom while I was in Paris, an amazing Textile house that made fabrics for Marie Antoinette. When I returned home from France I was a little obsessed with the Marie Antoinette Movie, I think it helped with the culture shock. The movie used Prelle fabrics and confections from Laduree. I recommend putting on the “Let Them Eat Cake” dress and getting inspired by Marie Antoinette’s decadent fabulousness!”

Besides making all of us girls feel decadently fabulous, we also think the Bluey Dress in “Let Them Eat Cake,” is the quintessential first birthday dress for any toddling cutie-pie!

(this print was soooo yummy that it sold out on-line so you’ll have to head in-stores to pick up this sweet treat!)

Susan Romano Trader

Posted on April 5th, 2011 at 7:11pm

I LOVE this print!! It is my favorite from Spring and may even be my all time favorite now. Thank you Paige for an amazing print! My Minnie wore the Lolly dress in this print for her birthday and I wore the matching Wyatt, our favorite dresses! Pretty Please make more items in this print! I will buy anything and everything made in Let Them Eat Cake! pretty please put up this print in the wallpaper gallery, I’d love to have this as my background on my laptop!

Michele

Posted on April 5th, 2011 at 8:03pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE! just wondering, what is the font of “Let Paige Eat Cake”?

Cathy

Posted on April 5th, 2011 at 8:38pm

i agree – would love the wallpaper, too! i wish this came in other styles. i can’t wear the strapless one, but am dying to get this print. love it! you are SO talented paige!

Mary Lane

Posted on April 5th, 2011 at 8:39pm

PLEASE may I have a shift dress in this print??? Or a skirt? Not fair to not share the sweets, mon ami…

Hillary

Posted on April 6th, 2011 at 10:02am

I love this cute print! I bought the Lolly dress for our little girl to wear to her 2nd birthday party this Sunday! I can’t wait to see it on her!! Great idea, Paige! Wish I was as talented as you are!

Amy

Posted on April 8th, 2011 at 11:22am

I purchased the pre-orde Cissy skirt in this print to match the Bluey I purchased for my little Lucy’s first birthday. She is not due to arrive until June 2011 so I am prepared with the perfect outfit for her first big shindig in 2012. Love It! It was too perfect to pass up!

Anne

Posted on June 29th, 2011 at 8:32pm

Could we perhaps attribute that quote to the correct individual? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_them_eat_cake
I would have hoped that a brand as big as Lilly Pulitzer would get their facts right. I adore this print and the words “Let Them Eat Cake” is completely appropriate it was just not said by Marie Antoinette and the saying has nothing to do with her.