Lilly At The Devon Horse Show!

Posted on June 7, 2010 in More Fun by | 8 comments

It’s that time of year again… the interns have arrived at the Pink Palace! We’ll be featuring some of their adventures throughout the summer so sit back and enjoy…

Hey!! I am Taylor Angino (THAT’S ME AND CARSON in that pic!) I am one of the summer interns here at the Lilly Pulitzer. I am assisting both the Production Development Team and the Accessories & Footwear Team. Lucky me, I also get to help out with fittings and with the Print Team when they need me. It’s a lot. It seems like everyone here does so much – I love it…am learning a ton every day.

So why am I here?  I LOVE and BELEIVE in the brand of Lilly. Throughout my life I have worn Lilly to every special occasion – whether it was giving the commencement speech at graduation or the first night of cotillion. We talk a lot about the emotional connection the brand has with you or me…all our customers, and I am the prime example.

This past week I went to the Devon Horse Show and took a couple pictures of people wearing Lilly – and needless to say there were LOTS of Lilly Lovers!! From little girls to sorority girls to women over 75 were all wearing LILLY at the Devon!! I also happened to run into the fashion man himself Carson Kressley. He was so nice and agreed to take a photo with me (he is wearing the pants that he helped designed from last summer!!) I have posted some pictures of me and some Lilly Lovers from the horse show down below. If you’re looking to brighten up your upcoming summer festivities, I am loving the Bowen Dress and Mckim Wedges for you ladies and I’m in LOVE with all the Peter Blazers and Capri Trunks for us guys!! Enjoy the pictures!!!

Friend Always,

Taylor

Alexis Tarbet

Posted on June 7th, 2010 at 9:37pm

Taylor lookin’ suave yet again in Lilly!! Don’t you ever wear anything else??? Can’t wait to see what outfit you’ll have next year at Foxfield Races ’11!!

Adriana Jamieson

Posted on June 7th, 2010 at 9:54pm

It’s nice to see an intern who is clearly passionate about the brand and work and not merely trying to fill up his curriculum. I’d like to see more pictures and hear more about the work they have you interns doing. Good luck with this great opportunity, Taylor!

Lil Kim

Posted on June 7th, 2010 at 9:55pm

WOW!! This is great, you seem like you know your Lilly!! The outfits look amazing keep it up!

Khaki young

Posted on June 7th, 2010 at 11:10pm

There is nothing better then seeing all the amazing Lilly prints at the Devon horse show! I would see adorable girls dressed in Lilly sucking lemon sticks to stylish women walking in Lilly shopping…it seemed to be such a special part of the Devon horse show…so happy to see it captured! Lovin Lilly! Xxoo

Ryan Finan

Posted on June 7th, 2010 at 11:22pm

I am definitely planning on buying one of those blazers this summer! I love Lily Pulitzer.

K.Hoelck

Posted on June 8th, 2010 at 9:48pm

Lovely article! Love the pictures!!

donna

Posted on June 9th, 2010 at 4:00pm

Message

I was at the Devon Horse Show last year and also enjoyed seeing so many wearing Lilly.

It’s so much fun how you get to know the look and how you can spot it.
Whenever I see anyone wearing Lilly and know for sure that it is one of the Lilly prints, I say to them, “I like your Lilly.”

It always starts up a nice conversation!!

donna

Posted on June 25th, 2010 at 11:29am

I just had to add another comment here about spotting people in Lilly.

I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago
. While standing outside o
f the church after the ceremony, I spotted what I thought was a Lilly dress. It wasn’t a design that I knew for sure that I had seen so I asked the young lady if she was wearing a Lilly dress.
She said yes and that her mom goes to the store in Ardmore all of the time.
Her dress was the tiered fish dress. Sorry–I forget the name.
At the reception I saw her again in another Lilly dress which is one of the spring or summer silks
. It was actually on the home page of Lilly Pulitzer when I checked the Lilly site to look at it after the wedding.

The craziest thing is that I was talking to Steph from Ardmore and told her the story about these dresses.
She was working in the store, w hich was only two days before this wedding, when this girl bought these dresses.
I brought my husband over to this girl and her boyfriend to show them his Lilly tie.
I told the boyfriend that next time he goes out with her wearing a Lilly dress that he will have to wear the tie. He agreed!!!

And by the way, my husband received compliment after compliment about his Lilly tie.
It happens all of the time when he wears one!!!!